Havana celebrates 500th anniversary, city of Havana was founded in 1519 and in 2019 year it will arrive to its first half millennium. Today Havana is the most exciting city in the Caribbean.
The original name of Cuban capital city is Villa de San Cristobal de la Habana, Havana was founded in year 1519. Among the activities for the 500th celebration, is the inauguration of Cuatro Caminos Market and the Central Railway Station, also the rehabilitation of the Castillo del Morro lighthouse.
Recently Havana received recognition as one of the seven Wonder Cities of the World, Ciudad Maravilla.
Nowhere else but in the streets of Old Havana is the Spanish colonial architecture so abundant, everywhere you look there is a unique image waiting to be recorded.
Havana Biennial 13th from April 12 to May 12, 2019
The largest visual arts event in Cuba, under the general theme "construction of the possible" the next edition of the Havana Biennial was presented as a space for those types of contemporary art that understand creation as "living event or experience in progress". Havana Biennial held in the 500 year anniversary of Havana.
International Dance Festival from April 22 to 28, 2019
Ritmo Cuba, 7 days non stop Salsa.
If you venture into Old Havana, you can’t miss the many art galleries among the elegant arches and columns of the restored colonial streets. All the Art Galleries in Havana are open from Monday to Friday, from 10 am to 4 pm.
500 years of Havana in 2019.
Iconic Gran Teatro de La Habana in Vedado
After of the restoration the Great Theater is open to the public. The Theater was recently rechristened the Great Theater of Alicia Alonso, after the famed Cuban prima ballerina.
Fabrica de Arte Cubano - contemporary hot spot in Vedado, originally the headquarters for Havana's electricity company, then converted to an olive oil factory. Musician X Alfonso converted a former oil factory into art gallery, theatre, night-club. There is always something new to see and do, contemporary dance, live music performances, fashion shows, art exhibition.
Fabrica de Arte is located on the corner of 11th and 26th streets in Vedado, near the Puente de Hierro - Iron Bridge. Admission $2 night-club open 10pm to 3am in Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
Havana is one of the oldest settlements in the America's, full of charming weatherworn buildings and narrow, intriguing roadways. The most attractive quarter contains many valuable buildings, which are being restored to their former glory. The predominant style of Old Havana is what has become known as Tropical Baroque, a simple, graceful combination of column, arch and volute born of the union of Mudejar and Baroque influence from Southern Spain with Cuban building material: mahogany, cedar and coral limestone. Visiting Havana is always unforgettable experience, a truly inspiring place.Vedado Havana Centre
Vedado is a central district one of Havana's best neighborhood, offer many cultural events and attractions.
Havana cultural center, with many artistic institutions, museums and theatres, offering plenty of nightlife. The area has many hotels, restaurants and monuments. Here are a great quantity of bars, night clubs and discotheques. Well known is La Rampa and the famous Malecon seaside path that stretches from Miramar to Havana Harbour. The most special place, without any doubts is the Hotel Nacional.
Traditionally one of the more upscale district of Havana, known for its splendid mansions wide trees and palms avenues, where many of the embassies are located. Fifth Avenue leads to residential area of Miramar and the Havana’s business district: Convention Centre and Pabexpo, where various international fairs take place.
East of Havana is a chain of beautiful beaches, Playas del Este composed: Playa Bacuranao, Playa Tarara, Playa El Megano, Playa Santa Maria del Mar, Playa Boca Ciega and Playa Guanabo.
True pristine beaches are exist near Havana, located just 18 km east of Havana center, getting there is easy just 20 min by taxi. Ideal place for a day trip from Havana.
• El Capitolio - National Capitol is situated in Vedado city centre
• Great Theater of Havana, located in Vedado centre near Capitolio
• Real Fuerza Castle, situated at the Old Havana near the Bay
• Tres Reyes del Morro Castle, situated at the Havana Harbor
• Cannon Blast Ceremony at 9pm Morro Castle, La Cabana Fortress
• San Francisco de Asis Square and Convent in Old Havana centre
• Cathedral Square Plaza Cateral situated in Old Havana centre
• Malecon Seawall Drive situated at the Havana's sea shore
• Camera Obscura - Leonardo da Vinci in Old Havana, Plaza Vieja
• Museum of Fine Arts - Bellas Artes situated in Old Havana
• Palace of Captains General, in Plaza de Armas Old Havana
• Arms Square - Plaza De Armas situated in Old Havana centre
• East Beaches - Playas de Este situated 15 km east of the city
• Casa del la Musica, Salsa Dance Club is situated in Miramar
• Cabaret Tropicana famous Caribbean Night Club, in Miramar
• National Aquarium subtropical fish, dolphin show in Miramar
• Floridita, Hemingway favourite bar, at the corner 557 Obispo Str
• La Bodeguita del Medio, Bar-Restaurant Mojito drink is a blast,
located in the heart of Old Havana, near the Cathedral Square.